Friday, April 13, 2012

Just Another Crazy Day

Note to the reader: I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again.  I'm truly using this blog to document the crazy days for future reference when my little gaggle of children are older and mild mannered and wonder what it was like for me raising this crowd.  As it is, I vaguely remember the days of just toddlers.

Now, for today's adventure...

So, I think I'm sooo on top of things this morning.

I wake up with Mark, before all the kids wake up (which is EXTREMELY rare).

I was able to unload the dishwasher (which didn't get done the night before -as I try to do- because of the busy evening last night, after which Miss Elsa fell asleep on the couch and I had to zip her to bed ASAP, which meant the dishwasher didn't get loaded and run before bedtime routines, which set me back hours...)

So, this morning- I unloaded the dishwasher, made lunches, took my shower and then the kids started waking up.

Great.

Still on top of it all.

Feeling good.

Then Sarina, Elsa, and Carl all wanted to bathe themselves before school.

Fine.

The morning was fresh, there was time.

But, the time eroded and before I knew it we were behind on the schedule.

Surprise?  I don't think so.

Then it's the typical morning frantic, "Coat on!  Shoes on!  In the car!"  While I rounded up the puppy, her food, the bag of skinny jeans for a friend's 4 year old, the picnic lunch I packed envisioning a lunch at the park while the kids played, baseball jerseys to dole out at practice this afternoon, baseball equipment for practice etc, etc, etc.

Apparently (while all that rounding up was being done) there was a brawl over the backseat- prime seat next to the dog crate.

I don't know what happened first but the gist of it is that Carl kicked Charlie in the wiener who then flew back into the metal dog crate and was howling at the top of his lungs.

Charlie punched Carl in the left eye which cut it on the eye bone both above and below his eye.

Carl was doing the silent sob.

Awesome.

I rush back inside, crush up some ice for poor buddy.



Finish making morning ovaltine and load them all in the car.

Again.

Moderately smooth morning.

Breakfast for a fun friend's birthday (and put up a school play poster), off to pick up my errand companion then buy the birthday gift I forgot to buy before fun friend's birthday, Costco for the dog food I forgot earlier in the week, pick up special shampoo order, drop mom off at her house, buy COFFEE to replenish house stock and have school play poster posted in Starbucks.

Home and thinking I'll work in the yard on this beautiful afternoon and plant the 3 azaleas I've been dreaming of buying to plant in my yard, that my sweet mom just bought for me.

First the call that the silver bullet is FINALLY repaired, of course that's after I gave up and filled the rental 1/2 way thinking I'd get to cruise in the swagger wagon all weekend.  It's only been in the repair shop for the past SEVEN weeks!!!

Ouch, picking up the silver bullet squeezes my time outside, but it's not too bad.

Then I see Elsa dart around the house to the unlocked back door

clutching her bum.

Guess who waited a little too long to go poop on the potty...

Then the puppy is chewing something.

I check and it's a stiff rodent.

Glancing at my garden gloved hands, I take a deep breath and decide try to wrestle it away  (that is HUGE for this germiphobe)

but sweet little cow-pie-gobbler-Ollie swallows it

whole.

I want to gag but I look up.

Elsa comes back outside completely naked,

poop on her bum

and hands,

lord knows what she's touched on the way out of the house...

Ugh.



Then it's try to grab Carl and his buddy off the school bus and into the car so we can get to the auto body shop in time to pick up the silver bullet in time to make it to practice on time (since we have the gear.)

Mid-route we see that there just isn't time.  Even if I could fly through the air like a bird in my awesome swagger wagon (hear the sarcasm?).  I wouldn't make it.

So, at least we're at practice early.

The bummer is that I get to break it to one of the parents that her kid's uniform isn't there.  And won't be in time for the first game.

I hate to pass on my bad juju.

But I do have sweet and wonderful babies (even if they kick wieners, punch eyes, yell "fat poopy head" and lock each other out bedrooms).

And it was a beautiful, beautiful day.

The show capped mountains were out.

It's a life that is full to exploding with excitement at every turn.

Literally.

I'm a lucky mama.

My big girl is about to make her debut on stage- which I'm going to MISS!!!:(  But she's doing such a great job putting her energy into her role, practicing her lines and music.  It's going to be wonderful.  And I can watch it over and over and over again (on DVD).

And it's baseball season again.

First games are tomorrow.

It's a blessed, messy, wonderful life.


No comments:

Post a Comment