Friday, April 20, 2012

No Grace At All

Wow.  

It's amazing I'm still shocked at the crazy things that happen around here...

Yesterday I managed to lock my keys in the running car.  I know it's hard to do these days with all that technology in these ridiculously expensive cars.  

But I managed to do it.

And since I had to zip all over the county gathering up my gaggle that had spread far and wide so I could attend the memorial service for my childhood priest (who performed our wedding ceremony for us) and time was of the essence, I was eternally grateful for OnStar- and that I remembered our numeric pass code.

I know I did other klutzy things yesterday too, but those escape me.

Today was a good one.

Charlie was Special Helper for the very last time at Gloria Dei Pre-School.  

And we all know how he loves all things living.

So for his show and tell he wanted to bring Bob.

Who is Bob you ask?

It's replacement fishy.

So, in anticipation of the big presentation (thank God) I washed his fishy bowl last night.  And left the water level low knowing that we'd be traveling together.

Apparently I didn't leave the water level low enough.

All I did was pull out of our driveway and into our neighbor's who is AWESOME about letting my kids hang out many mornings a week to catch the school bus so I can make it to pre-school on time.

This is what happened.

I wish you could see what I could feel on the back side.

Yuck.

Fishy water all over my crotch and butt.

Ugh.

But it was Charlie's big day and no need to waste time changing into pants that would likely get wet again anyway, on we went- after dumping out a significant amount of water.

It was worth it.

Charlie loves Bob so much, we even get to include him in nighttime prayers.

And he loved getting to show off his beautiful Bob.

The fishy water dried relatively quickly (and I was wearing a longish rain jacket so it covered up my wet crotch).

Sweet little special helper.

He may punch his big brother in the eye for kicking him in the wiener, but a co-worker of Mark's whose daughter is in Charlie's class, witnessed a super generous act by this little Charlie Bear.  At school the kids who wear some sort of pins get to play at a special table.  There was a run on the pins, and Charlie got one.  But he saw this little girl who didn't get one and really wanted to play at that table.  Without anyone saying anything to him, he took off his pin and offered it to her.

Who says chivalry is dead?

Love that little boy.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story about Charlie's thoughtfulness!

    PS. Your pants might have been wet, but your legs look great!! I think that says a lot especially when sitting in a car!!!! So proud of you... and hopeful for myself in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni- You're beyond kind. I write about my fishy crotch (ha!) and you compliment me:)

    You are always beautiful, and always seem to bounce back far better than me. And I'll be right here cheering you on.:)

    ReplyDelete