Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Some Anniversaries are Tough to Observe

I cannot, for the life of me, believe that it's been almost two whole years since the day that changed so many people forever.

I wonder if June 28th will ever cease to give me a little pang in my heart.

I doubt it.

So much has happened in two years.

Little kids got bigger.  Big kids got older.  Grown-ups aged just a little bit more.

And some amazing people pull together to make something magical.

I have always loved reading.

My husband might call me a nerd, I love it so much.

My ALL TIME favorite type of fiction is magic realism.

Especially when it involves food.

Those stories that are so fantastical that you don't think they could ever happen, yet you want to believe it's true with all your heart.

I think that for the past two years, I've been witnessing a little magic realism.

I have watched one of my dearest friends in the world transform in a magical way.

I believe that it's a little bit of the magic coming straight from heaven working its way through my sweet friend.

Of course she's always been talented, funny, and an adventurous cook.

But over the past two years those talents have been magnified and grown

like Jame's Giant Peach.

Not only has she been able to whip out the most amazing creations you'd ever want to eat

ever dream of eating

ever not-wanted-to-stop eating,

she's galvanized a whole army of people to help her make her dream a reality.

Each person eager to help.

She's transformed a formerly cold, minimal art gallery space into a warm and inviting place where people will want to linger for hours.

It's cheerful

it's bright

it even has some sparkle to it.

It's the amazing Sweet Charley B's Cupcake & Candy Shop.

It's beyond my wildest imagination.

But she had a vision and held fast to it

and it's out of this world.
This is the getting ready- I haven't had a chance to see the final- but I will for the grand opening on the 28th.

A little visual of the magic- she's there watching over everything.

Much like "Water for Chocolate" and "Chocolat" now Sweet Charley B's find a little magic working its way through delectable sweets.

It's amazing what can be accomplished with inspiration and sparkle.

I no longer worry that my friend won't find her sparkle again.

I now understand that tears sparkle too, so does sugar, and laughter, and friendship, and magic shining down from above.

My sweet friend has done something that doesn't seem possible to most people- and made her dream a reality.

Granted it involved a lot of blood, sweat and tears- but a good dose of magic too.

On June 28th, she opens the doors to her shop dedicated to a spunky little soul who touched so many people in her short time with us.  It gives us something to celebrate on that day we will never forget.

My sweet friend turned one of the hardest things you could imagine ever having to live through, into a way to celebrate.

With sweetness and cheer we all will celebrate Sweet Charley B (and her mama, daddy, big brother, and little sister) with each and every irresistible bite.

Brace yourselves ladies and gentlemen, that place is magical.

You're going to want to nestle in and stay.

And come back again

and again

and again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for the Big opening! I've enjoyed following as they make this a reality. I am certain that Charley is a very real presence there. We'll be in town late next month and will get about a 6 doz order! Deciding which ones will be the trick! Kathy D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! What a great friend you are!

    ReplyDelete