Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mixed Up Words & End of School & Birthday

We've all done it.  Called things the wrong name, mixed up words in a song.

My famous one is from Welcome to the Jungle.  I thought it said, "we've got jungle seeds."  Mark was quick to correct me that it's, "we've got your disease."

Not that he's one to talk.  "Ahh-oooo werewolves of thunder" (uh silly boy it's werewolves of LONDON) and "now you're messing with, a size advantage!" (instead of "now you're messing with- a son of a bitch!"

Another funny one I remember seeing a comedian talking about this and catching a buddy singing, "Bingo Jed had a light on."  Supposed to be "Big old Jet Airliner..."

In church I read and recited the Nieceed Creed I don't know how many times growing up.  It wasn't until I was in college that I realized that Pontious Pilot was a person not a disease.

Humility.

It's all about humility.

Last night Carl was reading a book to me that mentioned something about fingers.

He paused and said in a know-it-all voice, "That should say 'thingers' only babies say it 'fingers.'"  

Hmm, I must be a baby because I've always called those useful didgets fingers.

So silly.

He even argued with me that I was wrong.  It's really "thingers."

And speaking of "thingers" little Charlie was playing with a new toy that has a pull string (with a plastic ring on the pull end) and launches a fun flying disc in the air.  Poor little buddy pulled away and that plastic ring snapped back making the most nasty looking pea sized good egg on his knuckle.  It was instantly black and blue and popped out so fast, before he could even run to me with his noiseless cry.

I thought that we might have our first broken bone on our hands.

Hear me knocking on wood?

It's funny, I was just thinking that I can't believe we haven't broken any fingers, toes or collar bones.

I hope that we stay so lucky.

It's a big week in our house.

Elsa is now FOUR (going on 25).  Officially we are out of toddler years- not that she was a toddler for very long.  The kid quit napping at 18 months.

Yup, it's all boys.  Plus 3 boys who couldn't make it (2 girls were also invited but were washing their hair or something like that...)

Sarina and Carl are off for their very last day of fourth and first grades.



Next year it'll be a kindergartener, second grader, and (eek!) fifth grader.

Here we are on the last day the pre-schoolers are in school.  Does it look like I'm chanting, "Summer's fun.  Summer's fun.  Summer's fun." through clenched teeth?

Seriously, I love those little buggers.

And I agree.  The time goes by so very fast.

Guess what?

I stocked up the liquor cabinet for summer.

It just might make me a nicer mom for the long days ahead.

But while this bottle was sitting on the counter guess who examined it so closely they could tell that the lei didn't exactly cover everything (I'm talking nickels here).


You guessed it.  The same boys who were sporting this combo earlier..

just a coincidence they're wearing them again today

I noticed that during such a sweet moment, I went outside to savor it.

Mark was driving off in the Battalion Chief's back-up vehicle (pretty cool for the boys to see) for some training and the boys ran out onto the porch to wave good bye to him as he drove down the driveway.

They were so cute standing at the top of the stairs waving.

Then I noticed what they were wearing from the back.

In order even.

It's no wonder they like looking at the rum lady's nickels...


No comments:

Post a Comment