Thursday, June 7, 2012

Idle Hands...

Ever wonder what a 3 year old does to entertain herself?

While I composed my last post, it was daytime.  The boys were playing Wii, Sarina was playing with her dolls and I thought Elsa was playing with Sarina.

She came downstairs looking for tape, which I did not show her- because she uses a whole roll in about 2 seconds.

When she went back upstairs I figured she'd given up on that hunt.

Boy did I mis-judge.

She's an impressively inventive little girl.

Rather than playing dolls with her big sister, she was decorating her bedroom door.

She scavenged two Home Depot receipts, a picture of Carl and his cousin at the State Patrol Academy {that Carl took to school for his VIP day}, a "knock" sign she hijacked from her big sister's bedroom door, and here's a kicker- two panty liners she found buried in her closet- why they were there I have no idea.

Now here's where the creativity really comes in to play.

Want to know what she used instead of tape?

Mentholatum.  The stuff I put on my lips when they're chapped and smells so strongly of menthol.

Truly, it was so strong up there that it almost made my eyes water.

So, if you're in need of something to use to stick stuff to your bedroom door, now you know that you can use mentholatum.

And it will clear your sinuses while you're at it.

Then, if you happen to have chapped lips, you just need to kiss your door.

This kid really knows how to improvise.




No comments:

Post a Comment