Monday, April 16, 2012

I live a charmed life, I live a charmed life, I live a charmed life...

I know it do.

But I also need to vent.  

Again.

This post is a bit like the last.

Last night Elsa was up yelling every hour on the hour (actually it was night two of every hour hollers, but who's counting?)

I slept with her as much as I could in the night to help her feel safe.

This is the way the day has gone, working off not enough sleep.

The puppy peed in her crate this morning.

The price we paid for tucking her in early and sleeping in.

So, up to puppy pee,

plus grumpy girl with an owie throat,

kids off to school (just 15 minutes late for pre-school- not bad considering)

silver bullet BACK to the autobody shop to tighten up a few things

back to cruising in the awesome red swagger wagon- which, to be honest is growing on me-

having a designated place for my purse really is nice.



Funny how they design cars for women versus men.

Also, the seat of the swagger wagon is more fitted for me, the suburban more for Mark.

Then errands, errands, and more errands (including swim suit shopping- which hasn't been fun since I was size 0 in high school) all before Elsa's 12:15 Dr. apt.

Wait in the waiting room for 45 minutes.

In the exam room with our Dr. (who is worth waiting 45 minutes for) when the call comes from the Griffin school nurse.  

Carl has an upset tummy.

Yay!

My scenario: puppy left at my mom's house, Charlie at a playdate at a buddy's house in Tumwater, Elsa waiting for the strep throat test results- a prescription certain to come, Mark on shift.  How the heck do I gather the gaggle of creatures back together?!

Find out Elsa has hand foot and mouth disease, yuck.  

That's why her mouth hurts, because the poor little girl has blisters on the back of her throat.

The good news- her fever is over so she's on the mend and won't be contagious tomorrow.  (Bad news is we exposed all our buddies over the weekend).

Then, as I pull in to Top Foods I get the call that Carl went back to class.

Phew.

I wonder if his upset tummy had anything to do with the girl who wants to play with him but who he doesn't want to play with.

There was a frantic little stretch of time trying to figure how the heck I would gather all my little ducklings.

But it all worked out.

And I have some narcotics to help little miss sleep through the night.

My fingers are crossed it's going to be a peaceful evening/night of tip toeing into bedrooms trying to quietly put 4 laundry baskets full of laundry away.  

I wish it was going to be sitting parked on the couch watching something deliciously mindless...

Soon, I'll be twiddling my thumbs for six whole days in Palm Desert thanks to an amazing teamwork of friends and family.

Eye on the prize, even if it means feeling like the worst parent in the world for missing my daughter's stage debut, and nightmarish re-entry into real world.  It will be nice to have a meal and conversation uninterrupted but demands for one thing or another.

But I know when I'm gone I'll miss all those demands, 

just a little.

You know what the kicker was tonight?

I raced to get the little kids in the tub and pjs before picking Sarina up from her friend's house after play practice.

And guess what was floating in the tub?

Yup.

A nice blob of poo.

There was a time when I'd freak out about that.

Snatch them out of the tub.

Scrub them from head to toe with the hottest water I could get away with.

Scrub the tub top to bottom multiple times with bleach.

I'm immune now.

Just a spray down with bleach cleaner.

Regular washing of the kids.

And they're good to go.

It was a nice finale, wasn't it?

Now, back to Palm Desert.  When we do go, here's a couple of the little mugs I'll be missing (they look clean, don't they?  hee hee):

Charlie's First T-Ball Game
The tower BEFORE Miss Elsa bumped the table in her eagerness to get a photo with the AWESOME tower too.
Easter Kisses 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment