Thursday, March 29, 2012

Group Fitness Classes

Just a word, venting style.

Hey- Grumpy Lady In Spin Class Today:

I don't think that if you're seeking solitude, a group fitness class is the way to go.

So sorry I crowded you and took the opportunity to chat with my friends today in class.

I could tell it bugged you by the absolute lack of facial muscle movement when I apologized for wedging myself in there (there really WAS enough room for me...).  Then you promptly got up and moved a few feet away.

It was also clear that you didn't want to hear us chat by the obnoxious "SSSSHHHHHH!" you shouted midway through class.

I'm sure that you have your own issues in life.

And things that bring you joy.

Perhaps it's sitting anonymously in spin class, I don't know.

If that's so then go to the back of the class, not next to a row of bikes all set up together in the front of class.

One thing that brings me joy is going to spin class- where I can connect with girlfriends for a brief period of time without little people pulling on me every 2 seconds with a fresh request or way that I can meet their needs.

This oasis in spin class is my chance to say whatever the heck comes into my head while sweating to bad music and enjoying a much needed opportunity to sit at a friend's side.

So, I'm sorry that I bothered you but I'm not going to let you steal my joy.

-me


No comments:

Post a Comment