Sunday, March 11, 2012

Girly Girl?

If I hadn't witnessed it with my own eyes, I never would have believed it.

This morning Elsa wanted to take a shower with Sarina, that's pretty normal.

The price, according to Sarina, was that Elsa had to be willing to wear whatever Sarina picked out for her and let Sarina do her hair.

Apparently, Elsa REALLY wanted to hop in that shower with her big sister because she agreed to it.

The amazing thing is, not only did she let Sarina dress her in pink from head to toe

but when Sarina left the make-over make-up out in the playroom

someone, of her own accord, got into the make-up and did her own make-over.

See for yourself.

It's true!

This is what I saw from the kitchen, and it drew me in...

From the side, I could see what she was digging in to...

And now for the application, with her own hands!

I'm so happy I could sing from the mountain tops.

Of course, her next outfit just a couple hours later wasn't nearly so cute: blue track pants, spiderman swim trunks pulled over the pants, and a spiderman t-shirt.

But for a brief and shining moment, I had a little girl dressed in pink again.

If that's what it takes, I'll leave out a little blush and eye shadow every now and then.

And did you notice her big brother armed in the background.  So glad he's working on his shot.  He might need it one day.

That same big brother, the other day was walking around with his blanket his nonna made for him, rubbing against his lips (his version of sucking his thumb but shhhh don't tell anyone).  He announced to me, I kid you not- blankie slung over his shoulder ready to rub- that his hands were becoming "man hands" and he showed me how thick the palms of his hands are getting.  Sweet sweet boy.

Other big news, big brother number two started his first t-ball practice.  It's going to be such an exciting year of baseball for him.  He'll be playing with all his buddies from pre-school.  It's a dream team and Mark gets to coach it.  He's so excited about baseball that he told me on Friday that he wants to coach baseball when he grows up.

And big sister had her 10th birthday slumber party (just a month late).  I took the girls ice skating and they were awesome on the ice.  So cute and full of concentration, even while boy watching...  Yikes!  Boy crazy already?!

In all honesty, I was paranoid about having 5 young girls ice skating from 7:45- 9:45pm in Parkland.  So I bought bright fabric, cut into strips to make matching scarves for the girls- so I could easily find and count heads.  But it wasn't bad.  The kids out there were just young kids out on a Friday night.  Nothing too rowdy or crazy.

That's about it for the updates.


1 comment: