Monday, May 2, 2011

Not enough hand sanitizer in the WORLD

I'll be honest.  I've been holding out on a new post thinking that it would be about my fabulous new laundry room with wonderful new LARGE capacity washer and dryer and all the beautiful new shelves my husband is building me so that our laundry room can be finished they way I had hoped it would be.

But this illustration is just such an amazingly disgusting example of life in the country for this girl who is not so country.

It's day 2 of my wonderful husband's 48 hour shift at the fire station.  My boys let the dog in and I noticed something was hanging out of her mouth.  I thought it was one of the gloves that my kids left outside yesterday which I have yet to pick up a day later.  Then sweet 4 year old Charlie comes walking up holding this, by the bone!!!!!!

Brace yourself...


Yes, it's a COW HOOF!!!  I have no idea why the cowboys left this little treasure behind when they came to get the cows, yesterday the poor heifers were mooing themselves crazy when they were being loaded up and moved, probably so they could become our next burgers.  This might make me a vegetarian.  To see that thing flopping in my little boy's hand- there's just not enough hand sanitizer in the world to make up for that.

And to think I shrieked loudly when I caught Elsa digging her hand in the "special lady's garbage box" in the public women's restroom....

What the heck do I do with this?!  Mark's at work, my awesome father-in-law is up in Tacoma.  I think I'm going to have to put on my big girl panties, put it in a garbage bag and drop it in our garbage can.  Eww!!  Part of me wants to take it over to the cowboy's truck and leave it on his windshield...  But I don't think that follows the Golden Rule.  Darn.

I'm breathing deeply now.  Trying to find a happy place to go to.

Life in the country is just so colorful, isn't it?

I do find it ironic that I just read a chapter titled, "Act As If Everything That Happens Is for the Good" (Slow Burn: Burn Fat Faster By Exercising Slower by Stu Mittleman).  Hmm...  I wonder what's "for the Good" in this experience.  I'll let you know if I think of it.

I've been meaning to disburse all the random items in the three big laundry baskets stacked in our bathroom.  Maybe tonight, to rid my mind of the vision of little Charlie and the COW HOOF(!!), it'll get done. 

Sorry about the picture but I HAD to share that grossness with you.

No recipes today, but I am going to make the Knock You Naked Brownies on Pioneer Woman's Blog tomorrow for the kids to take for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I appreciated the 24 hours notice that was emailed that they "would appreciate us to do something nice for our child's teacher."  One day I'll be on top of things like this and prepared for it when it comes.  For now, it's scramble and find something that appears to have an ounce of thought behind it.

And soon, pictures of the newly fabulous laundry room.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry Jen --- that is terrible and icky!
    You do get to see many "interesting" things when growing up on a farm.

    ReplyDelete