Monday, May 23, 2011

HcG day 5

Well, not any real change yet.  I did eat a fair amount while spending the weekend with my awesome college roommate over the weekend.  She and her husband sweetly prepared some nice rich food for me.  Pasta puttanesca, blueberry pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs, yummy turkey sandwich on homemade wheat bread, chicken pot pie, and such moist sweet brownies- all a girl could hope for when giving up sugar for the next 44+ days (unless it was some Sweet Charley B's).

I'm now on day 2 of the 500 calories. 

Yesterday was travel day home from Eugene so it was a little tough.  I had a couple of cups of black coffee in the morning.  An orange and half a brown rice cake at 11.  100 grams of pre-cooked prawns (bought at the grocery store and nicely weighed for me) and Starbucks refresh tea at 1pm.  An apple and 1/2 brown rice cake at 4pm (before making dinner) and 2 cups loosely packed salad greens with balsamic vinegar and 100g prawns sauteed in water with garlic salt and fresh ground pepper for dinner.  At night a cup of nighty night tea.  I wasn't able to get in my 1cup of veggies at lunch on the drive so I skipped it.

Today has included a lovely Americano my husband kindly made me this morning.  An orange at 10:30am, 2 cups loosely packed salad greens with balsamic vinegar, and prawns sauteed in water with garlic salt and fresh ground pepper and 1/2 a brown rice cake.  Pre-dinner fruit will be 1/2 cup blueberries.  For dinner I'm thinking chicken breast with mexican seasonings, shredded cabbage, and a grassino.  I have a little heartburn- maybe because of the vinegar.

I'm not starving, just think about food a little too much- but that's how I always seem to be- planning meals for this herd takes a LOT of thought and prep.  Especially when packing 2 school lunches, trying to make sure dinner is on the table by 5:30pm each night, and sometimes (but not as often as I like) packing 24hrs worth of food for Mark. 

I wish I could get  a commission on the Epilator sales.  Thanks to Sweet Kelly's introduction- I've had two friends get their own.  The pain and price of beauty made sweeter by sharing with friends.:)

Tonight the rest of the family is having tacos.  I am looking forward to trying out America's Test Kitchen recipe for taco seasoning- I've heard rave reviews.  But for tonight it's the costco seasoning on ground beef, Jen Valdenegro's refried beans (reefers simmered with green chilies, milk and cheese), home fried tortilla shells, shredded lettuce and cheese, sour cream and hot sauce.  The family eats it pretty well so they'll be well fed.

Here's to quacky pounds and inches!

1 comment: