Sunday, June 5, 2011

Already?!

This was actually drafted yesterday...


When did this little angel turn into such a big girl?

I swear it happened over night.

Maybe I was in denial but I truly forgot that there was a stage called the Tweens.

I'm really not ready for this stage. It's a warning that my little girl won't be little much longer and I feel like I just got her. I remember holding her in the daze of first-time-mama-blur thinking, she's mine. We made her and this little person was created 1/2 Mark and 1/2 me. It was so amazing I remember it taking my breath away.

Fast forward 9 short (yes a lot has been packed into them but they still feel like short) years.

Now I have a little girl experimenting with strong emotions everytime I turn around.

And it's really tough to let roll off my back.

I try to be a pretty neutral person- there are enough hotheads out there to color the world- I like safe.

Did you know I was a Middle Child?

I've tried to keep the word "hate" out of my kids vocabulary. Now I hear it all the time. "I HATE my hair!". "That SUCKS!". "It's so DUMB!". Over what seems to me like the most trivial things.

Cognitively, I know it's practice for the curve balls life will throw her way. So I take a deep breath and let it go. It's so very hard for me...

Yes, I'm still on my wacky diet. I've lost 11 lbs so far but am looking for another 10. My naturopath said I could exercise and it would boost the weightloss. Initially I considered trying Jillians Ripped In 30 but my practical thinking husband suggested I got for a walk instead. Of course, a half marathoner such as myself has a little pride... So I did a nice hilly 5 mile (ok almost- 4.92 to be exact) walk/run. It was decent I did it in an hour which I don't think is too bad considering how long it's been since I last ran (May 15th if you're curious) and my 2 straight weeks at 500 calories.

I just finished weeding a SMALL portion of my yard and am enjoying a little sunshine and birdsong before Mark gets home with the kids.

It's a beautiful day.

Definitely one to sing our praises.

I know I lead a blessed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment