Sunday, June 26, 2011

laundry

Saturdays are so glamorous. 

Especially when Mark's at work.

Can you hear my sarcasm?

I really don't get it.  But there has to be a better way. 

I do at least a load of laundry at least every other day.  There's no slacking off for a week at a time for me.

Yet, this is the monster that I tackled and attempted to tame tonight...

 (The laundry room isn't complete yet- it's going to be pretty one day soon).


In case you wondered what laundry for a family of six might look like.

Really?

Is this necessary?!

Honestly, I was caught up on laundry TWO days ago!

And this doesn't include my laundry, which of course is MINIMAL.

Funny thing is, it's only going to get worse as the kids get bigger

and smellier.

Maybe it's time to train Sarina.  She's the first born.  She should be meticulous.  Plus she's an Aquarius and they're supposed to love order...

I talk big. 

It'll always be me.

I like things folded and sorted a certain way.

Just like I like the dishwasher loaded a certain way.

And the dishes put away just the right way.

Oh man.  I'm a control freak?

And I'm not a first born or an Aquarius.

I better get that cinnamon swirl bread out of the oven and get to bed.  It's just too much for me right now.

Since I'm jumping all over the place anyway, have I said that I LOVE my bread machine?  It makes the house smell so good, even if I can't eat it...

July 11th HcG is complete and I'm celebrating with a skinny girl margarita (or 3).

Enough.  I'm all over the place.

Time for bed.

Sogni D'Oro
(dream of gold in Italian- sounds so much nicer than sleep tight don't let the bedbugs bite- why would you want to think of bugs as you fall asleep?!  I'd much rather think of gold in a beautiful land ahh Italia...:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn
    I only have 3 kids and often think my laundry adventures are similar to yours! However, my twins have just graduated and will soon be off to college! I imagine my loads will be much smaller by fall. -And I'll miss it, and them terribly. Teach Sarina your organizational skills and tricks of the trade. Don't be afraid to let someone else wash or fold or put things away for you on occasion. You can let go. It'll be ok. Happiness first and always. Remember the saying, They grow up SO quickly.... Annoying as it sounds now, unfortunately, It's true.
    XO Kathy

    ReplyDelete