Monday, August 4, 2014

Changing Seasons


This is our car.

I thought it highlights our life right now.

Chairs for the lake (those Tommy Bahama camp chairs from Costco are AWESOME!)

swim bag packed with a blanket for the grass, towels, sun-scream (an Elsa-ism), swim goggles, my sun hat

a cooler with water, iced coffee, and snacks,

4 life jackets,

3 water noodles (we started the season with 5),

2 sand castle buckets which have become poor little fishy jails,

3 fishing nets (for transporting poor little fishies to their jails-and for making instant friends of all ages on the dock)

tackle box and fishing pole (Carl's best birthday present ever!),

mom's awesome green bucket that held the centerpiece from Mark's 40th bday party,

mom's towel that reads something like: "Lord keep your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth"

and a TCYFL Cougar helmet for Charlie's first year of tackle football, complete with painter's tape with his name on it so the coaches know who is who on the field.

It's the transition of seasons, a month of 3/week football & cheer practices while summer winds down and we get ready for school.

As the kids are getting older it's easier and easier to be a fun mama- going to the lake, having friends over, coaching cheer, and enjoying summer time together.

I don't long for quiet time as much as I used to.  I'm getting it more and more, which makes me realize that it won't be long before I'll have more quiet time than I want.

For now I'll cherish the insanity of 4 fun-loving, active kids over a peaceful tidy house where everything is in perfect order.

There will be plenty of time for that later.

I'm one lucky, lucky mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment