Wednesday, August 13, 2014

20 Days Left

Just 20 days of summer vacation left.

Slidewaters July 2014
All my favorites (plus an extra favorite) in one frame...
Some moments it feels like an eternity.

Some moments it feels not nearly long enough.

It's been a fantastic summer.

The kids are old enough to go and do more and more fun things.

They're old enough to bring along friends every now and then,

at least the older two are...

They're old enough to have some pretty awesome and inspiring conversations

and share their observations.

They're smart

they're compassionate

they're intuitive,

until all hell breaks loose.

Until one appears to get more than the others.

Then it's like blood in the water.

And it's pure hell.

Especially for a waffler for me,

a people pleaser like me.

Is it too much to ask for them to get along?

For them to love each other as much as I love each

and every one of them?

For them to see how fantastically wonderful

and awesome

and precious

they ALL are?

I know it's practice for conflict outside the bubble of our home.

I know that it's going to serve them well later in life,

this in-the-trenches conflict management

in a trial by fire scenario.

Please Lord let me survive the epic battles

one

at

a

time.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment