Monday, August 4, 2014

A Spectacular Summer Day

Yesterday was one of many wonderful, hot days this summer.

I took the kids to the lake with Carl's first, best buddy.

After an afternoon filled with swimming,

fishing (they almost caught a big trout-thank God they didn't!),

and practicing crazy moves off the diving board

we were loaded in the car to take Carl's buddy home when they realized his life jacket was in Grandma's car.

Luckily, she was right behind me as we were leaving the neighborhood.

I pulled over and hopped out to grab his stuff.

When I climbed back in to the suburban, I look back to see Carl shaking his booty like he's twerking.

When I asked what the heck he was doing the boys informed me that Charlie had shoved an ice cube down Carl's swim trunks.

Gross.

Even grosser,

I heard shouts of excitement when he fished that ice cube out of his swim trunks and popped back in the jar of drinking water I'd packed.

Especially, after he'd detailed exactly EVERYWHERE that cube had traveled while visiting his private parts.

Nasty.

After dropping off buddy we went back to grandma's house for taco salad and Mexican Street Corn.

It was a nice evening.

After dinner I took the kids back to the lake for an evening swim.

There's nothing better than an evening swim when the lake water is warmer than the air.





It was a lovely, lovely evening.  

*The only thing missing was daddy who was working a 48 hour shift- which ends up being tough on everyone.  For sure, we'll make it a point to go back for an evening swim with daddy at dusk.

We were loaded up in the car, ready to head home, when the kids all hollered "GROSS!"

I whipped my head around to see what had sparked such disgust.

I see Elsa Jane gagging

and the boys demanding that I roll down the window before she barfed.

For some odd reason the kids are dying of thirst the SECOND THEY GET IN THE CAR.

Without fail.

Such was the case with Elsa Jane, who chugged the glass jar of drinking water

the same glass jar that Carl had used to pop the ice cube from down his pants.

The jar of Butt Water

Luckily she did not get e coli.

That would be really, really awful. 


We came home to this beautiful sight as I was tucking the kids into bed.

The perfect end to a fantastic day.

Even God seemed to think it needed a spectacular ending.

We are so lucky to live such a blessed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment