Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thoughful Kids

Last night, while I was hovering over our leaking dishwasher (yet again!) and cleaning up dinner, Carl was secretly working on a project.

A project for me.

He wanted to surprise me so I helped him as he needed with minimal glances in his direction.

I will never regret the love and energy I pour into my crazy little munchkins. 

It is so nice when they show their love in such a thoughtful way.

Lael is my middle name.
This makes neglecting mopping floors, washing windows, organizing closets, and wiping down baseboards worthwhile.

There will come a time when I will have a tidy house, when there's a place for everything and everything in its place.

But for now, I'm grateful for the explosion of clutter that seems to be an expression of our lives.

I'm a lucky mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment