Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dog Beath


I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but our black lab puppy is really a cat in doggie clothes.

I swear it.

I've never before seen a lab that runs away when you call it so you can pet it.

I've never before seen a lab that hops up on the hood of a freshly parked car.

What?!

She's skittish and prefers her own space.

But my Charlie's working to break the ice.

He patiently lays as close as he can get to her before she sneaks a safe 10 feet away.

It's taken a year but he's worked up to sharing her bed with her every now and then.

The other day I was sitting on the couch and heard him talking to her in his sweet, still high pitched- but happy little voice.

"Ollie" he said,

"your breath smells like mama's."

Funny and offensive at the same time.

I've seen what that dog eats when she's wild and free outside.

I've seen how she bathes herself.

I knew sometimes I have stinky coffee breath, but what?!

He didn't mean to be mean.

There's a very high probability that Charlie would take it as a compliment.

"Your breath smell's like mama's."

I won't lie, that stung a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment