Monday, December 9, 2013

People Matter More Than Anything, I Choose To Be Grateful

I think I might be growing up.

A little bit at a time.

I'm learning to control my reactions.

I'm learning to choose my perspective on the events that happen in my life.

I'm learning to see the positive in every scenario.

I'm choosing to be grateful.

I'm choosing to see that I am fortunate beyond words.

I have a husband I love more and more each and every day. 

No matter what happens, I find him to be my source of strength and inspiration.

I have a mom who leads by example, how to be a loving mother- who nurtures me even though I'm an adult with my own children.

We all need nurturing, I don't care how old you are.

I have siblings that I love even though I don't get to spend as much time with them as I'd like, I know they love me as much as I love them- even if we don't get to show it regularly.

I have beautiful nieces and nephews, each wonderful individuals (and one we get to celebrate really really soon!)

I'm grateful I have four wild and crazy children with an insane level of energy.  Those little people have challenged me, yet enriched my life far beyond measure. 

I love the happiness and joy the exude.

I am constantly entertained by them.

I'm also grateful for our challenges and hardships.

They have helped us to grow.

They have helped us to recognize what we value in our lives.

I'm learning that I value people over possessions.

People over appearances.

People over self-gratification.

I have so many friends near and far.

Such a big, and wild, and crazy family, near and far

And I'm so grateful for each and every person- friend or family.

The people I see often and those wish I could see more.

Whatever happens in my life, I know that I am blessed beyond measure.

I am so blessed to have the opportunity to stop and reflect on this and know in my heart that I am one of the luckiest people on earth.

A little preview of our Christmas card...
People are what matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment