Monday, December 16, 2013

Is My Crazy Showing?

Have you seen this?



Earlier this year my mom and I found this very entertaining sign at a Nordstrom store (she bought it).

I love it.

Love, love, LOVE it!

And truth be told, that's what I thought of this weekend.

This Saturday we had a rather (wonderful yet) full day.

We raced off to the Santa breakfast, which was a lot of fun for the kids.  A magician performed, Santa came for a beautiful photo op, and a far larger brunch than I'd ever attempt to undertake myself  was served- complete with a pancake bar Buddy Elf would be delighted to find.

(You know Buddy Elf from the movie Elf?)

I was puzzled all day long why I hadn't noticed before that day that my dress length was odd.

I know all the kids are wearing those "up and down" dresses where they're shorter in front and longer in the back.

It was weird to me that mine was the opposite- longer in front and shorter in back.

I chalked it up to buying it in a discount store and rolled with it.

All

day

long.

Through the breakfast,

a basketball game,

a meeting

and then on to my husband's work Christmas party.

It was at that party that I was discussing how odd my dress was when one smarty-pants proposed that I check the tag.

Huh.

I checked behind my neck.

Smooth,

no tag there.

Checked along the V-neck line.

Oh.

Crap.

I'd worn my dress backwards

ALL

DAY

LONG!

Did I go switch it around?

Nope.

I laughed at myself, poured myself another adult beverage,

then tucked my crazy back in and rolled with it.

Some days are like that.

Sometimes it feels good to laugh at yourself

and not take yourself too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment