Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fart Noises

When I came home from Arizona late last year, I had the bright idea to buy the kids a book about farts.

And yes, it makes various fart noises to supplement the story.

Here's a picture, in case you think it would be fun too...


Anyway, on the way to school Elsa hit the sound buttons repeatedly.

Fart

after

fart

after

fart

after

fart.

She only stopped when we were at the stoplight at the off ramp of Hwy 101 and Black Lake Boulevard where the same boy often sits with a sign looking for a hand out.

He looks like he really, really loves his dog.

I always notice him when I see him.

Anyway, she stopped the fart noises long enough to look up to see the homeless guy and says,

"Really?!  He still doesn't have any money?!  Where does he get his clothes?  Does he take his shirt off when its hot outside?"

Such a random string of questions, thoughts and observations.

A teeny tiny snippet of what's going on inside that little head.

But good questions.

With so many homeless people around our beautiful town, where do they come from?  Are they really needy and unable to care for themselves?

And how telling that my 4 year old takes it all in.

Do I encourage compassion?

Or do I instill the need to learn to take care of yourself,

and make good choices?

I try to do all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment