Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fashion Blog meets As Heard In the Back Seat

Today is the day before Easter.

As I was solo parenting on this beautiful Spring day, I sent one child off for baseball practice then told the rest to get dressed and ready for the Easter egg hunt in my mom's neighborhood.

It's a fantastic little Easter egg hunt, with just the right amount of kids they get to elbow their way through but not so many that they can't find any eggs.

Unfortunately, I did not snap a photo of Miss Elsa's outfit for the big hunt.  Thankfully, my sister was there with her big fancy camera and got a stellar shot of Miss Fashionista.  When she loads them onto her computer I'll be sure to grab a copy and put it on here.

Truthfully, she stood out in the crowd.

Of course on the way home said Fashionista was entertaining the crowd in the car with an impressive listing of...

(are you ready?)

it's completely and totally inappropriate...

and I should have stopped it,

except that she was bringing out such beautiful belly laughter from her siblings...

drum roll...

but#ho+l%s.  *

Yup.

Bunny but#ho*l*s,

doggie  but#ho*l*s,

birdy  but#ho*l*s,

fishy but#ho*l*s,

kitty but#ho*l*s.

You name it, she listed it.

Delightful, I tell you, absolutely delightful.

I did happen to borrow my mom's cell phone later in the day to grab a photo of her afternoon ensemble.


Now, here's the dilemma.

For Easter the big bunny is bringing each child a pair of goggles, flip flops, and a new swim suit.  Smart bunny is thinking ahead to our upcoming camping trip and that indoor pool that keeps us coming back year after year...

The bunny wasn't sure which to bring her-so she gets two.


I wonder which one she'll select to wear next week...

My vote is both.  It's a nice compromise, isn't it?

I know.  It'll probably be just the shorts.

But I want her to always have options.

Have I mentioned that Easter is extra special to me?

It was on a beautiful Easter morning that my husband proposed to me, on the grounds of the capitol building.

And this year it's supposed to be beautiful and sunny.

Hallelujah, He has risen.:)

*I did that to avoid the dirty birds googling it so they don't see my babies

No comments:

Post a Comment