Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Snuggle Spot

For as long as I've snuggled my husband, it's always been his head on my chest.

We've watched many movies cuddled up like that.

With my babies, it's been the same.

Their sweet little heads on my chest.

Elsa recently named that spot.

The snuggle spot.

Our second grader has been the most prolific visitor to the snuggle spot, with his blankey.

He may have even logged as many hours there as his daddy.

He said he likes to listen to my heart.

I wonder if he hears it telling him how very full he makes that heart.

The other night (actually the night before I forgot what grade he is in),

he was snuggled in his snuggle spot (he uses that term now too)

and whispered in his sweet little boy voice,

"Mama, why does my heart feel funny when I snuggle you?"

Man I love that kid.

Of course I love them all.

It's that purity in their voices and clarity in their observations that makes my heart skip a beat and makes me catch my breath.

Every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment