Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Do You Pee Your Pants?


So, my friend has convinced me to consider taking a big step.

Like many mama's I hear about, I cross my legs to sneeze,

and when I suddenly cough,

oh and laugh really hard.

I put in a pad when I run (sorry brother TMI?).

I have visions of peeing myself in public- in a way I can't hide.

Not to mention, it would be nice to be dry when I'm done with a good run.

So, I'm considering the sling surgery.

The Dr. I visited described it as using a mesh that's been used in hernia surgeries for 30 (or was it 50) years.  It was tough to tell, she has a bit of an accent.

She said the mesh is like velcro and instantly supports what needs supporting in there so I don't accidentally piss my pants.

Like you would do that on purpose...

To do it or not.

The surgery (not peeing on purpose)-

that is the question.

If I died from complications, would I be considered vain for having the surgery- just so I wouldn't have that shame of peeing my pants when I laugh really really hard?

True story- that did happen, at a friend's surprise birthday party at the country club.

I was pregnant (with the child who I recently forgot what grade he was in) and it was tough to tie a sweater around my massive belly to hide my super wet pants.

Gross.

It's not like I'm having a boob job.

And I have always had a hard time holding it when I laugh really really hard.

But I'm seriously considering it.

And you bet your buns I'm nervous about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment