Monday, July 30, 2012

Sorry!

Have you seen the pinterest.com quote, "Cleaning your house with children around is like trying to brush your teeth while eating Oreos."

My sister and I were just talking about how true that is.

Yet today, for some crazy reason, I couldn't take the disaster upstairs any longer.

I was starting to feel like a hoarder- 5 tubs full of camping bedding, towels and dishes for the trailer until we get it secured from the mice invasion.  Plus two tubs and a garbage bag of fantastic hand-me-downs for Miss Elsa, dirty clothes, stuffed animals, you name it- it's laying on the floor upstairs...

I had to, "STOP THE INSANITY!!!"

Can you hear Susan Powell?  Remember the blond buzz cut lady who was always yelling, "Stop the insanity!"?

I'm frantically racing from scrubbing my shower to switching laundry, to purging dressers to putting away laundry.

I know the kids are unattended downstairs.

At one point, Charlie's crying because Carl kneed him in the eye while wrestling- we'll see if it turns into a black eye.

Then, while I was vacuuming Elsa chased the boys with the board off the computer lap desk.

Somehow Charlie pushed it and it whacked her in the mouth.

She cried because there's blood.

He popped himself in timeout and kept saying, "I'm sorry."

Once the waters settled, Charlie was still in his self-inflicted time-out, and sneaked a kiss on a piece of paper.

Carl laughed and said, "I saw that Charlie!"

Charlie replied, "It's just a picture of Elsa."

Sweet boy.

His guilt was so bad  he tried making amends by kissing this well worn photo of his baby sister.
Now you know why my version of cleaning is wiping surfaces with a bleach wipe after bedtime and running the vacuum whenever I can find a quiet few minutes to squeeze it in (of course that has to fall in line with a moderately picked up house).

I don't have the stamina for much more than that.

So, to quote another pinterest.com quote, "Pardon the mess, my children are making memories."

Ha!  Memories of injuring each other and eating goldfish for lunch.

No one's perfect.

Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment