Monday, December 12, 2011

Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day

Even parents have days like that.

Yesterday was mine.

If there was any day I could use a do-over button, it would have been yesterday.

I suppose we all make mistakes.

And most of us (if we're realistic) feel like the worst parents on the face of the earth at some point during our parenthood.

That was me yesterday.

Thankfully, the day of disappointments ended.

It felt like it took an eternity and packed in some whopper mistakes.

But it's over and today was FAR better.

One foot in front of the other.

One step at a time.

Deep breaths.

The things I try to remind myself of when days feel impossible, overwhelming, and horrible.

It was a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. 

Even here in Olympia.

Thank God it's behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment