Sunday, December 18, 2011

You Get What You Pay For

Recently, I read a blog that I thought was so sweet it brought a little lump to my throat. 

The woman who wrote it is so creative and has such a lovely home.  It's one blog I read fairly often (because she is set up so that it emails notices when she posts and she often has nice downloadable documents and crafts I'm inspired to try from time to time).

It was funny timing. 

My husband went to Goodwill shortly after I read it to look for a goofy Christmas party ensemble.

We were chatting on the phone as he walked through the store (also looking for a white elephant gift) naming things as he passed.

When he said nativity set for $4 I said, "Buy it!" 

I'd been wanting one for a while but put it off knowing my kids would play with it and not be so gentle.  But heck, for $4 why not?

When he brought it home, I was excited to set it up.  And as we pulled each piece out of the box all carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and I wondered who would get rid of such a pretty porcelain, hand painted set. 

Until all the pieces were out and displayed and I surveyed the scene.

Hmmm...  Someone was missing.

An important player in the scene.



Darn it!  Baby Jesus is gone!

Now I need to find a substitute for the big guy.

I guess that you get what you pay for. 

Maybe for next year I should invest in a complete nativity set.

No comments:

Post a Comment