Thursday, December 29, 2011

it's better to have a willful child than complacent one


It's better to have a willful child than a complacent one.

It's better to have a willful child than a complacent one.

It's better to have a willful child than a complacent one.

I know this is true. 

I believe it with every fiber of my being. 

I just can't help wishing from time to time that they might be a little bit less willful...

With a house full of willful souls somethings gotta give. 

And it's usually this people-pleasing mama.

I know it's my fault. 

I'm not consistent 

strong enough

or even half as willful as most.

At the end of the day most of the fight has left me.

Some days I feel more beat down about it than I should.

Today is one of those days.

Some days I feel pulled in so many different directions it's tough to grin and bear it.

But there is a positive that I'm going to try and dwell on.

My willful children are strong and self assertive. 

I pray for it every night- that my children will grow up to be, "strong and confident, kind and generous, able to achieve all their dreams."  I say those words for them to hear every night.

I know that trait will take them far in life,

even if it does give me dark circles,

baggy eyes,

and more grey hairs than i can now count.

I'm looking forward to consistently getting a good night sleep,

for the first time in the past 10 years.

Dr. Ferber is going to be my hero.

I just know it.

He's gotta be.

The date is set.

Little Miss is staying in her bed-

falling asleep by herself in her own bed

and staying put all night long.

Monday, January 2 is the dawn of a new era.

Perhaps, with a good night sleep the rest of the troubles will feel less overwhelming.

First things first, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment