Friday, March 7, 2014

The Boot

Yesterday was interesting.

Almost exactly a year ago I went to the podiatrist because my foot hurt.

Turned out it was an inflamed little bone under the ball of my foot.

I was fitted for orthotics and have been wearing them when my body has allowed me to run.

Which ramped up this spring.

I was doing well, running up to 10 miles a week.

Then that darn spot started hurting again on my foot.

And really, I'm such a space cadet I didn't clearly recall when or why my foot had hurt a year previously until I was sitting in  the exam room with the dr.

She took some x-rays of my foot again.

Lucky me, that silly little bone under the ball of my foot was snapped in half.

I have no idea exactly when it happened.  I just knew that my foot started hurting after a run and the 2 weeks of rest I tried didn't entirely make it go away.

So now I get to wear this boot for the next 4-6 weeks.



I'm just waiting for my klutzy self to tumble down the stairs trying to navigate them in this thing.

Want to know the kicker of yesterday, post boot?

I noticed I'd been wearing my underwear inside out all day long.

So, be warned...  Inside out undies just might lead to having to wear a darn boot forever!

The up side, is that the kids have been over-the-top helpful.

What is it they say about developing habits?

It takes 28 days?

Looks like I've got exactly that to train those little munchkins to pick up their own s#@*!

Happy Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment