Monday, March 10, 2014

One More Crazy Mama Event To Share

Maybe I should blog more of my good days than my bad...

But this mix up was too classic for me not to share.

Actually it happened a couple of weeks ago, and I'd even forgotten about it until I was talking to my mom and she didn't know the story.

A couple of weeks ago I received an email reminder that I was scheduled to usher for Olympia Junior Programs.

OJP has been around at least since I was a kid.

It was something I looked forward to every year.

Kids dress up and ride school buses downtown to the Washington Center for Performing Arts (we went to the Capitol Theater then WA Center in the olden days).

And then the kids get to see live theater.

It's fantastic and so wonderfully inspiring for those kids to experience cultural arts in this form.

Any way...

I make sure that I'm ready and have everything set so I can volunteer.

I get downtown and park in time.

Go through the mandatory orientation (no matter how many times you've volunteered).

I lead my bus to their seats.

Then I start looking for Carl.

Not seeing his class, I lean to another mom and whisper, "I don't see Carl's class."

She looked at me and said, "This is 4th and 5th graders.  He's not here."

Duh.

No wonder he looked at me funny in the morning when I told him I'd see him at Junior Programs that afternoon.

He wasn't even there!

Since that mom had disclosed that she hadn't signed in yet, I whispered back, "Your name is Jennifer, you're leading bus #4.  I'm out of here."

And I got to go out to lunch with my husband.

What an absolute dig-bat.

Today is the real OJP day.

I get to volunteer for both boys since first through third graders are going to see Br er Rabbit today.

I hope they let me volunteer with a boot on my foot...

No comments:

Post a Comment