Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Twirling Hair

I remember when I was dating Mark (ages and ages ago).

We were in his old house, hanging out talking, when his mom came into the kitchen.

I remember watching him mindlessly twirl her ponytail, thinking:

a) it was cute that she, an old woman {sorry nonna but perspective here- I was 17 at the time} still had a ponytail and

b) that Mark did it without realizing what he was doing.

Fast forward a million years.

Tonight I was laying in Carl's bed with him on one side and Charlie on the other reading bedtime stories.

For some silly reason they both picked up locks of my hair and sat there twirling while I read to them.

Made my heart go pitter patter.

And I'll admit I was thinking, "please don't let those locks fall out in their little hands..."

No comments:

Post a Comment