Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gross Confession

I have an odd belief... that eating boogers is innate survival instinct. 

Why else would every single child on earth have this disgusting habit?

I'm sure I did it when I was a kid.

I've witnessed each of my four kids doing it.

And yesterday, walking through the parking lot with one of my children, I noticed a little dangler from that child's nose.  I didn't say anything, since I didn't have a tissue to use to correct the situation.

Next time I glanced down at this child I saw the booger getting picked (it was a good one too).  Knowing that I had no tissue, and not wanting to wipe it on me (which I HAVE done in the past- the inside of the bottom of many of my pants has been a secret kid booger spot for years), I just watched the scenario play out.

Pick.

Examine.

Then into the mouth.

I'll admit as soon as I saw it get close to the mouth I had to look away.

My gag reflex is pretty strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment