Friday, September 30, 2011

Big Brother

This morning after I'd shipped the big kids to my awesome neighbor's house to catch the bus, I was driving Charlie and Elsa in to take Charlie to pre-school.

I heard Elsa ask, "Charlie, will you always be there for me?"  honest to God, those were her words- crazy, I know!

I was so smitten, I told Charlie of course he would always be there for her, he's her big brother.  (I know, I should have just listened and let him answer on his own without butting in with my big mouth).

But the kicker was his response to me.

"No mom, I'm not her big brother.  Carl is."

Sorry buddy, can't shirk those duties.  He's got an adorable little spitfire sister that's going to need both her big brother's to watch over her and always be there for her.

She is one lucky girl.

And they are awesome big brothers.

Not to leave her out, Sarina's a wonderful big sister too.

This was a year ago, but still cute of the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment