Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Mom Trophy

Almost a year ago I took at very memorable trip to Austria with my mom, my mother-in-law, and sister-in-law.

While there, my mom told me she wanted to get me something because every mother should have one and it would be a special remembrance from our trip.

The other day, I unearthed it from its hiding place, tucked behind my bathroom mirror, {for safe keeping from busy little hands that were playing with it like an action figure.}

When I first brought it home it sat on the windowsill by my bed.

One morning I was trying to ignore the squirming little bodies beside me so I could sneak a few extra minutes of sleep when I heard the boys whispering...

Charlie: "What's that?!"  little finger pointing toward the windowsill.

Carl: in an all-knowing big-brother voice "Don't you know?!  ...  That's the mom trophy."

I opened my eyes and hugged them both.

So sweet and adorable.

Now here it is, my mom trophy...



That smart little boy was pretty right on, funny I'd never thought of her in that way before.

No comments:

Post a Comment