Friday, March 27, 2020

Social Life in Quarantine

Wowzers.

This evening was pretty quiet.  After dinner I was cleaning up.  Still trying that sourdough bread.  Helping Elsa paint a deer for Mark, entering my first art journal entry (pencil line drawings of flowers), listening to Andy Landers live stream.

Then I learned how to Marco Polo to do the weird send video message thing.  It’s super distracting to me, I look like pure hell.  I can’t complete full sentences because I’m so distracted by how AWFUL I look in this odd time of comfy clothes, hair pulled back, no make up.

Then I zoomed a cocktail hour with my two college roommates, I haven’t looked at their faces and had a conversation in 2 years.  It was really good to see them again.

Afterwards I get a message that another cute blond friend sent me a Marco Polo.  So I had to share my ugliness with her too.

And tomorrow I have a cooking date via Facebook video call with my Italian friend in Milan.

That’s a whole lot of videos in a short period of time with people I care so much about.

Time to step up my appearance.  Might have to do my hair and make-up.

Ciao ciao (I’m practicing the few Italian words I remember).

No comments:

Post a Comment