Saturday, November 22, 2014

Truth or Dare

Today Carl raced in the regional portion of the Junior Olympics for cross country.

Running the 3000 meter (1.8mi) for the second time in Seattle at Lower Woodland Park.

I'm so proud of him for trying a new sport this season and for doing amazingly well.

Coming up on the finish line
(Un)fortunately his team didn't place to advance to nationals-in South Carolina.

Thank goodness we don't have to tell him we aren't willing to make the stretch to send him that far 2 weeks before Christmas.

But super bummed for the kids who wait all year for cross country season and won't be advancing.

Anyway, it was a nice morning watching the activity around such a big event.

Cheering on our buddy.

And hitting our favorite hamburger place, Red Mill on Phinney (our old stomping grounds-I used to live on 48th & Phinney).

On the drive home, as we cruised down Hwy 99 past the Ferris Wheel Carl was playing Truth or Dare off his Ipad.

It was Mark's turn.

He selected truth.

The question:

"What's more important to you; personality or good looks?"

Mark knew he was in a tough spot but answered,

"Personality."

Without a pause Carl blurted out,

"Then why'd you marry mom?!"

Huh.

Is that offensive or meant as a compliment.

I'm not really sure.

I asked him if he knew what personality meant.

He sure as heck did,

he described it to a T.

And he didn't think there was a thing wrong about his question.

While I'm flattered he thinks I have "good looks" I also want him to value personality over looks.

And I'll be honest, I sure do wish he thought I had a good personality.

Out of the mouths of  babes...

No comments:

Post a Comment