Thursday, November 13, 2014

"Charlie the Poop"

Sometimes Charlie can get a bit moody.

Ok, really moody.

Tonight seemed to be the night.

Not sure the trigger,

Possibly that he didn't get to play at the creek as long as he wanted to when Mark took the kids down to see the salmon spawning.

Maybe it was because he picked them up a little early from school so they could go looking for deer.

Regardless, as I was cleaning the kitchen and not catering to him, he looked at me with his big eyes smoldering.

"I should write a book."  He spat.

"You know what I'll call it?"  He continued.

"Charlie the Poop."  He answered himself.

"It's about a kid named Charlie, whose parents treat him like poop."

Poor buddy.

Every kid should have parents who treat them like poop the way we treat Charlie.

Please Lord let him learn to see what's really happening around him rather than getting so caught up  in his emotions that he thinks the world is against him.

I will admit.

That one did make me laugh a little bit.

Of course I had to sing the song my dad used to sing to me whenever I threw myself a pity party.

"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, think I'll eat some worms..."

He wasn't impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment