Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I choose this to be good luck

I know I've been pretty silent on here.

Sadly, that's because I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

End of school season.

It's a marathon at sprint pace.

Have you read this post?  It's SPOT ON!!!

But today this was too good to pass up.

After a morning of peace, an hour and forty minute long dr apt (I got cleared for an MRI-yay!) race to JUST make it on time for Sarina's POPs concert, back to town for rollers for Mark, pick up pizzas for easy dinner since we get to go back to school for an evening POPs concert.

I was psyching myself up to reach my hand into our sugar ant infested mailbox when I felt something hit the top of my head.

Thinking a cricket jumped REALLY high, I reached up to wipe it off.

Nope, not a cricket.

Bird poop.

Yup.  Story of my days lately.

But, you know they say it's a sign of good luck...

That's what I tell my unfortunate friends who seem to get pooped on far more often than I would think is normal (Kara).

Now it's what I'm telling myself.

It's good luck that my MRI will show something fixable with my ridiculous back/leg/whatever pain.

Good luck that the kids will coexist peacefully this summer.

Good luck that our aging puppy dog will kick around a few months longer.

Good luck that my not one but TWO historic tour brochures due this fall will go smoothly.

Good luck that Mark's business will continue to grow.

Good luck that Elsa will settle nicely into kindergarten in the fall.

Good luck that Charlie will transition beautifully into all day everyday school- first grade.

Good luck that Carl will continue to thrive in school.

Good luck that Sarina will grow into a mature, even tempered middle schooler.

Hmmmm, maybe I should go sit under the power lines with a loaf of bread so I can get pooped on 10 million more times.

And this is the shocker.  I actually contemplated just wiping my head with the diaper wipe I used to clean my poopy hand and call it good.

Pre-children Jen NEVER would have even considered that as an option.

It seems that at this point in my life I'm far too busy for OCD.

Darn bird poop.

I never saw it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment