Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Very Funny God


I think that God must have a great sense of humor. 

Truly. 

Why else would he allow the scenario that unfolded in my hectic day?

Here it is from the beginning...

This morning was normal. 

Got up, fed the kids, made lunches, took my shower, Mark saw the kids off onto the bus (well 1/2 of them anyway). I busted a#$ trying to clean up the house, upstairs and down (not that that's normal-just the hectic tone of the morning was normal).  

It was a day for a rare event- delivery people bringing new furniture!! 

I wanted to clean up enough so we looked like the kind of people used to delivery people coming in, at least for part of the day...

Then I dropped 1/2 of the kids at my moms house so I could have the joy of going to my 3 years overdue annual exam.  

Lucky me.

I'm healthy for the most part.

The issues I'd hoped to eliminate by removing my IUD, I was told, are just part of being in my late 30s.

Ugh.

Then I zipped to get the kids, get 3 birthday gifts, off to birthday party, then home for new daybed delivery for a freshly turned 11 year old girl, then post old bed on craigslist.

Zip.

Zip.

Zip.

Here and there and everywhere.

You know its funny. 

As I "cleaned" the powder room this morning (aka swipe a bleach wipe over the visible splotches of urine on and in the vicinity of the toilet) I BRIEFLY thought I should really wipe down every surface in that room. 

Then the idea flitted away as fast as the kids say, "mom I'm hungry!" the second they step off the school bus.
Did you know there was a brief(ish) time in my life I sold skin care products with the main goal to be able to make enough $ to hire someone to clean my house?

It's true!  I'm a terrible sales person, but I hate cleaning toilets that much. 

Maybe it's because my mom and grandma are champion toilet cleaners... they even heat water to scrub those bowls sparkly clean.

There's no way I can keep up with that standard.

So I don't even try.

It amused my grandfather to no end when he heard about my aversion to toilet cleaning.

So, as I was responding to the various craigslist emails to get rid of the old bed, I heard running water.

Realizing that quite a while ago we'd insisted that little-miss-big-pants wipe her own bottom, I thought perhaps she'd forgot to turn off the water in the sink after washing her hands.

Ahh that was wishful thinking.  (Both that she'd wash her hands and that the sound was sink water).

No.  No.  No.

This is God's humor here...

It was poopy toilet water streaming over the sides of the toilet bowl.

Inches thick on the floor.

As I ripped off the lid to the innards of the toilet flushing system and held whatever piece stops the water from running, I screamed at the kids to bring towels and get daddy.

Looks like I did get a chance to clean every surface in that little room.

And a large, large stack of towels too.

Well played big man.  

Lesson learned.

Maybe I should clean a room top to bottom every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment