Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Perhaps I'm Turning into a Prude

Long, long ago...

In a time far away.

Before I had kids,

I had many

many

many opinions.

So very many.

Drive thrus were for lazy people.

(Yup, I thought that rude thought in my head and maybe even said it out loud).

Of course now I often drive out of my way to find one that suits my needs, if I have a car full of kids- because we all know shuffling them in and out of a car is often like trying to herd cats...

Hmmm, what else...

Well, the latest was that it was ridiculous that some grocery stores covered up regular magazine covers because they were too suggestive (Cosmo).

Such ridiculous prudes (likely from the bible belt) probably demanded it from afar.

Well, the other day I'll admit that I wished there were such covers over the magazines at our local Top Foods.

Now that my kids read (and 3 letter words are super easy to read quickly) they pay attention to those enticing magazine covers claiming that they'll improve your sex life.

My little boys were thumbing through the latest issue of Cosmo looking at all the exposed flesh.

I think I wish those bible belt prudes would call Top Foods so I don't have to.

"Hey mom, they look like balls!"

They kept exclaiming.

I didn't even look.

Because really, what could I have done.

I kind of tried to encourage them to move on (unsuccessfully).

The same sweet boys spent a good chunk of time hammering geodes to reveal the crystals inside.


I think that's MUCH better than eyeballing all kinds of pictures of people in their undies in Cosmo.



No comments:

Post a Comment