Sunday, February 10, 2013

Little Critters

Have I said that I wasn't sure I wanted kids?

Truly, if Mark hadn't been so big on having a big family who knows where we'd be today.

To be honest, little kids with their boogers,

and their runny noses,

the barf

and poop

disgusted me.

It overshadowed the cuteness- by far- in my mind.

I didn't mind them when they were clean and happy,

but I couldn't get out of there fast enough when they were messy and covered in bodily discharge.

Lucky for me, God saw a window the single week I went off of the pill- totally on accident (I forgot to renew my prescription before one insurance ran out and the other took over).

In that single week- out of 13 years of taking pill- God saw his window,

and we now have our precious (usually) little Sarina Grace.

We were hooked.

Of course then followed another, and another, and another before we had to stop the insanity!

So, I don't know how it all happened, lucky coincidence I suppose...that I find myself (today) in charge of my own four kids, plus a bonus 3rd daughter who's been with us since Friday evening (it's now Sunday).


Yet, I wouldn't change this path for anything in the world.

Then there are the animals...

Again, with the mess factor-

I've never been an "animal lover"

though I appreciate them from a distance

I've never been a big, get-in-their-face dog lover.

It completely grosses me out to let them lick my face.

Um, have you seen how they bathe?!

And I know my dog eats poop so I'm pretty sure there are others out there who find it delectable as well...

Gross.

Don't get me wrong.  I love my animals, and I often love giving them loves.  But you do have to admit, their hygiene is a little gross to us humans...

The animal tally today is:

five butterflies (Charlie's fantastic Christmas gift from his family in Leavenworth)
here he is watching over his beautiful creatures
butterfly with open wings
 three dogs- two of our own plus one we get to watch every now and then
Hunter & Ollie
Hunter (right) & Shreker (left)
 And Bob, our beta that I cannot believe has lived so long, in spite of our unintentional neglect.
Bob (right)
It's a wacky, crazy life out here in the country.

And I'm so blessed that it's mine.

And thankful I don't have to watch over 21 chickens any longer.

But that doesn't mean the chickens will be absent forever...

Signing off,
the crazy mama
with 4 (+1 today) kids, 2 (+1 today) dogs and a fish = 9 beings other than herself

No comments:

Post a Comment