Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas 2012

This will be brief.

Really only two things to convey with this post.

First, to admit, I caved.

Yes, I did.

Even after a terrible bloody nose.

I allowed Santa to bring the two big kids ipad mini's for Christmas- with the condition that mama can take them away at any time.

(Oh the power!)

I couldn't bear to not see that sparkle in everyone's eyes on Christmas morning.

Second, Santa brought my little St. Francis a remote controlled train.

And little spit-fire got her pet dinosaur, who hasn't been allowed into her bed.

Funny, maybe if she would let him in her bed then she'd stay in her bed all night.

Yes, it's that game again.

And mama always loses in that game.

Ohhh the snuggling IS sooo sweet for the 10 minutes that it's comfortable.

Then it's kicking, and belly laughter from the slumbering heavy breathing 4 year old who tosses out "Stupendous" like it's nothing...

Anyway, the second thing I wanted to share is that on Christmas afternoon, when daddy was cuddling the new owner of a remote controlled train, he asked what his favorite Christmas gift was.

His sweet little answer was completely pure, "You.  You were my favorite Christmas gift Dada."

Such a sweet little boy.

And hooray, we had Dada home for BOTH Christmas eve AND Christmas day. 

That's monumental for a firefighter family.

It's always my favorite gift.

I'm so blessed.

So lucky.

I pray this contentment lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment