Monday, August 20, 2012

Perspective on Yard Work

Wouldn't it be easier if we all declared weeds as plants and plants as weeds?

Who gets to decide what's a weed and what's a plant?

Is it the same guy who categorizes which words are profanity and which are acceptable in proper company?

Seems like a mighty powerful job.

I think I could do better.

I would declare all living things as plants worthy of retention.

Maybe then I wouldn't end up with the tightest hamstrings in THE WORLD and a sore back after one day of wrestling with those things you all call "weeds."


Then maybe I would follow it up with, "Way to go fucker!  You just saved someone a whole lot of work!"  But in my altered planet that would be a good thing to say.

Perhaps I'm a bit delirious.

Please Dear God let school start soon...

And yes, our yard looks light years better now that all of said "weeds" have been removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment