Monday, October 24, 2011

K-8 on a bus

When our oldest started kindergarten, I was nervous about her sitting on a school bus where she was thrown in with middle schoolers.

But I was reassured that she would be sitting near the front and the big kids would be in the back.

And her bus ride was 10 minutes max each way.

So, I let it slip from my worry radar.

But today it zipped back into my worry radar.

Sweet 7 year old Carl (who is rapidly turning into a big boy) came home singing "Dick in a box."*

I had to ask him to repeat his new song so that I could be sure what he'd just sung.

Then I tried to casually ask him where he'd heard that song.

He said some of the big boys on the bus were singing it.

WHAT?!

I asked him if he knew what a "dick" was.

He didn't.

Phew.

I explained it was another word for a penis.

He was shocked.

But I think he was also a little pleased to know a dirty song.

Oh boy.

I know they all learn it somewhere.

I just wonder how long it will take until 3 year old Miss Elsa Jane starts singing along too...

Thanks a lot, big boys on the school bus...

* For those of you who don't know about this lovely little ditty (mom) here's a link to the Saturday Night Live skit...

No comments:

Post a Comment