Monday, October 24, 2011

"Don't Do That" says Miss Elsa Jane

Every night when I put Elsa down to bed I read her stories, then lay with her for a minute or two, then go sit in her rocking chair while she goes to sleep.

The other night she told me not to, "do that." 

I asked her what "that" was.

She put her little hand over my mouth and nose then breathed in a super loud and exaggerated way through her nose several times.

Jeez.

Not allowed to breathe in her bed.

Maybe Little Miss Big Shot should put herself to bed.

And stay in her bed, by herself, ALL NIGHT LONG while she's at it!

I love the innocent truth of little people.

I tried to soften my breathing.

Who knew I was a loud nose breather?!

Ouch.

Truth hurts.

Sweet dreams sweet pea.

ps this morning she was gagging when i buckled her into her carseat.  when i asked why she told me my breath smelled like bananas.  is that so bad?!

No comments:

Post a Comment