Tuesday, April 22, 2014

She Keeps Me On My Toes

Just when you think that you know a kid...

I was getting used to the crazy pony-tail, boy undies, sweats, and t-shirts.

I was well trained in telling her she looked awesome instead of pretty,

I was rolling with it.

Then we got her hair cut,

trimmed the chlorine damaged ends,

and picked out a nice outfit for class picture day.

I think it may have been a turning of the tide.

She certainly still has a strong sense of what she likes and doesn't like.  But she loved this outfit.  I may have to return to Old Navy for more of those denim Capri's (in other colors...).

Still rocking the cute little ponies and in her other Elsa-style shirt.

Then came Easter and she loved her Anna doll (EVERYWHERE is sold out of Elsa dolls...)

She even tried on the Anna dress that came with the doll.


But we couldn't take her picture in it...

Then came Easter, she wore a matching dress with her sister.


Yes, I said "Bull*$#@" to get them all to smile.  But shhh don't tell...


Shooting some bows and arrows.


Waiting for "Go!" at the Easter egg hunt.

And then yesterday she picked this out at Costco.

I couldn't say no even though I should have.  She even slept in it!


I love that she follows her own agenda.

That she has her own idea of what she likes.

That she's not afraid to be herself.

I love this little one for who she is,

and she's one special little girl.

And don't worry, under the girl clothes she's been wearing (picture day she informed me that was the first time she wore girl clothes to Griffin)

she's still rocking the tightie-whities.

Boy undies don't "scrunch up your bottom" like the girl ones do.

Isn't it so fun to see who your little people turn into?

I'm one lucky mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment