Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Can You Hand Me That?

If you know me very well, you know that I'm not a morning person

at

all.

I really don't like to interact with anyone (unless it's morning snuggles) until I've finished my first cup of coffee.

This morning Elsa wandered into our room a little before 6am.

I still wasn't ready to get up, we'd had a late night the night before.

So I let her do whatever keeps her busy...

She played on my cell phone.

She went potty.

After I came out of the fog a bit she asked me,

"Can you hand me that?"

She was snuggled next to me and referring to a tube of hand lotion I had on the windowsill over my head.

(If you must know, I try to put hand lotion on once I'm in bed each night-my hands are always so dry.)

Since it was an odd requested I asked her why.

Her response, was typical Elsa-matter-of-fact,

"Cause I went potty but couldn't reach the toilet paper,

so I just used my hand."

I replayed the noises I heard this morning as she was rattling around and I was trying to wake up.

Running water was NOT one noise I recalled,

so I asked "Did you wash your hands?"

Her response was in the "duh" tone of voice,

"I didn't want to wake the kids up."

As in, you know better than that mom!

Gross.

I'll admit, I did stare at those baby hands, still round with baby fat on them.

And they were a bit less sweet to me knowing where they'd just been.

Yes, I did tell her to go wash- NOW.

And yes, my sheets are in the wash on EXTRA HOT

and MAXIMUM BLEACH.

"... I just used my hand."

GROSS!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment