Monday, August 5, 2013

Who's Out There

Sometimes I wish that I could tell who's read my blog.

It's a little weird to me that strangers might enjoy reading.

I like it, don't get me wrong.

But sometimes I think back to when I used to put youtube videos out there, until some guy messaged me and asked for more videos of Carl's feet.

Eeeewwww!

So, if you've seen me lately hobbling about here's the story.

Yes, I walk funny- there's some pressure on a nerve that runs down the back of my left leg.

To alleviate that pressure (I've had since the end of APRIL) I took an oral steroid.

Which didn't help.

But I did get shingles (ON MY FACE!!!), thanks to my suppressed immune system.

Likely combined with the insurmountable tasks of packing for a week camping,

48 hours home to do laundry

and re-pack the food and laundry,

off to a wedding

then another week in a toasty climate

with lots of family time

plus trying to do the work I have two grants for,

and conference calls,

and preparing for public hearings,

and agreeing to help coach my daughter's cheer squad,

and keeping 4 rapidly growing little people happy.

IT'S

SO

MUCH

TO

DO!

There,

that's off my chest.

The drugs are done for the shingles.

Yes this is my second time having them (I'm only 38).

At least they're starting to heal so my fingers are crossed the scabs are gone and I'll only have some lovely fresh pink skin on my cheek in time for my 20th high school reunion in less than 2 weeks.

Not to mention the 10 lbs I wanted to lose for the reunion, but I haven't been able to exercise since April...

It's good learning to be humble,

nasty wounds on my face,

softer than I'd like to be,

unable to do everything as well as I'd like,

I'm human.

I know that.

And I hope that it gives me patience to realize everyone else is human too.

No one's perfect, no matter how hard they pretend to be.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment