Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Nice Day

Today was a good day.

I woke up to three sweet little boys happily playing legos.

I picked up my girls from their sleepover at Nonna and Grandpa's house with their cousin.

Then we headed down to the Olympia Rock Gym.

It was my first time in there and only Charlie had been there before.

Every chance the kids have had to rock climb they've seemed to love it, and I felt like it would be an active activity I could handle with the kids.

It was awesome.

I learned how to belay the kids so they could climb higher than 13 feet.

Which each one of them did.

Totally do-able and they're good!

And for all four for an all day pass (we lasted 2 hours) it was $30.  Not bad.

killing time until it was his turn

goofing around until she could rope up

what choo talking bout willis?

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and wise!!
working it
charlie powered through his fear and made it to the top

sisterly love while mama gets Elsa in her harness
(when she was climbing she had to quit 1/2 way up because her hands got too sweaty:)

the natural

she's party billy goat, with chalk falling down

bouldering
Then after the climbing we headed just a hop skip and a jump away to our favorite- Sweet Charley B's for a treat.  Only Carl got a cupcake (cookie dough)- the rest went for candy.  Ok, I had to try the apple fritter cupcake.  Darn it everything in there is GOOD!

That section of town is getting pretty wonderful.

The new Hands On Museum is beautiful- but for me is a one kid at a time place and even then I lost her- too many blind spots to see where they dart to for me.  Anyway, the new museum right next to the rock gym, the beautiful sidewalks around the East Bay, Sweet Charley B's, farmer's market and Percival Landing all freshened up.  We live in a wonderful, beautiful place.

Now, if the homeless thugs that loiter all over downtown would find a different city to dirty up we'd have it made.  (Sorry, I couldn't resist that soap box...)

No comments:

Post a Comment