Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bah Bah Black Sheep

Another busy morning.

Mark is at work and I'm trying to re-capture my game after vacation.  Minutes cannot be spared the way our mornings go- so little time for monkey business.

I was upstairs getting ready after my shower and Miss Elsa was motoring around me like a little jet ski someone hopped off, how it goes round and round making noise when left unattended but still running.

Somehow I noticed that she was humming- how that sweet little sound penetrated the "to-do" list zipping around inside my head, I have no idea.

But I heard her and actually basked in the sweetness of hearing her sound like a real, honest-to-goodness pre-schooler.

She hummed the tune of Bah Bah Black Sheep, throwing in a word here and there.

I was surprised because

a) the little girl never gets to hear nursery rhymes- she hears all the latest hits thanks to her big sister and

b) the only kid in our house who sings much is Sarina.

Then she ended it with a nice hum and,

brace yourself...

an emphatic

"yeah sucker!"

Oh.

There's my sassy pants 3 year old.

Funny that I thought she might sing a nursery rhyme.

Ok.

She did, but she twisted it to suit her.

And that it did.

Here she is showing grandma how big she is in the jammies grandma bought her.



Yes they're too small.

And yes, those are dresses hanging on her wall which she hates.  She wants a big girl room not a "baby" room anymore.

I think I need to find a big picture of a graphic vespa or bicycle or maybe Harley for her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment