Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tilak Mark

Over a week ago our family was enjoying watching Sarina in her fourth school play performance.

She was a narrator in Aladdin which meant she had a handful of singing solo lines and she was marvelous!

Anyway, the chairs were nice and cozy so when Charlie stood in front of me to talk we were really close.

In an unfortunately timed reach into my purse-on the floor-my poor little buddy also happened to bend forward at just the right time.

His little beaver tooth (I can say that because he inherited it from me...) perfectly collided with my forehead slicing right in.

Yes, I felt nauseous.

Yes it hurt like hell.

And yes I thought I was going to pass out.

But I couldn't show it.

His beautiful little face crumbled when he saw that he'd hurt me.

Truly, I think it might have hurt his heart more than my head hurt.

I smiled,

told him I was ok

then tried to bee-line it to the bathroom to get some tissue to stop the bleeding.

Of course I was right behind an old lady with a walker I could not dodge

no matter how many attempts I made.

Mark has laughed that my wound looks like a tilak mark.

Today, over a week after, I wrapped up in a scarf I love.

Charlie looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes,

"Now you REALLY look like an Indian lady", he said.

I have to admit, though I fall quite a bit short of their exotic beauty...

I can see where he's coming from.



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment